Pages

11.18.2014

Storem

I have not been blogging anything personal, and i will keep it that way. But I would like to introduce you to my storems. (i made that up)


Storem (s·toe·rim) -noun-
a mixture of a poem and a short story


If you read my blog, you will see these short stories, I want to tell you how i make them.


Here are the steps:


  1. Think of emotions. Do you want your Storem to be sad, happy, mysterious, or etc.
  2. Think of a moment that features this feeling.


Example,


Sad: death, leaving, break-up


  1. Now make up your scenario, maybe you want to write about a great relationship coming to a halt because of death. (morbid i know)
  2. Make your characters, think of their features. Maybe you would say… “a tear drips down her freckled cheek”
  3. Put it all together in a mysterious way.

In my storems, sometimes you have no idea what’s happening. But that’s what I LOVE about them. You make your own story!


Here is my plotting so you can see how i plan these out:


I don’t write this stuff down, i just think it. I am going to use a storem i already have.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I sit in the chair by the bed, staring at Cheyenne.


She sleeps.


I watch her breathing. It fluctuates like the wind.


High.
Low.
Fast.
Slow.


She gasps to life and smiles when she sees me. I smile back, but squeeze her hand tightly.


My best friend is dying.


"I guess now we can't do fashion shows in the bathroom," she wheezes as i laugh.


A tear drips down my cheek.


How will I survive?


She coughs.


Once.
Twice.
Harder.
Three times.


I scream for a doctor to come,


but it's too late.
When I do, i look back at Cheyenne.
Her eyes are closed, but her lips are still smiling.


I let go of her hand and cry for her to wake up.


I scream
"do something,"


But she is dead.


She is gone.


Feeling: Sad
Scenario: Relationship at end due to death
Characters: Cheyenne and Friend


REMEMBER TO MAKE THE READER FEEL WHAT THE CHARACTER IS FEELING

-xx Anonymous #1

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...